Sun X4240 Server
Sun X4240 | Sun Fire X4240 Server
Sun Fire X4240 servers powered by AMD Opteron quad-core chips give clients like you the option of running a variety of operating systems from Solaris to Linux to Windows. The Sun X4240 server is one of three servers in Sun Microsystems' X86 line that includes the Sun Fire X4140 and Sun Fire X4440 servers. Like Sun's full line of AMD servers, the X4240 server and its counterparts afford data center clients increased performance and efficiency.
With Opteron 2200 and 2300 processors, the X4240 packs a powerful punch in a compact 2U form factor. Looking for more storage? Well the Sun Fire X4240 excels in capacity when compared to the competition. Housing 16 drives with a total capacity of over 2TB, the X4240 package is robust enough for demanding applications such video, database and cluster grids.
Additional X4240 specifications:
- The Sun X4240 can hold up to 64GB ram
- The Sun X4240 can accommodate up to 2TB of sun disk space
- The Sun X4240 implements Sun quad Gbe gigabit ethernet ports
- The Sun X4240 includes 6 PCIe slots, Raid 0,1,5,6, and redundant 1050W power supplies
- The Sun X4240 utilizes AMD Opteron chips including AMD Opteron 2356, 2347HE, 2224SE, 2222, 2218HE
Get a Sun X4240 Server Quote Today!
For pricing on the Sun Fire X4240 Server, call us today at 603-529-4220!